The Banknote Achievement in Technology Award
The Banknote Conference Advisory Committee invites nominations for this award, presented in recognition of an individual's outstanding contribution to banknote technology and the advancement of security, usability and efficiency of banknotes.
Currency Research (the organizers of the Banknote Conference) orients the award toward technological achievements in banknotes to coincide with the technology theme of the conference. The esteemed Banknote Conference Advisory Committee will make the selection based on nominations received.
The award winner will be announced at Banknote 2020.
The Banknote Achievement in Technology Award recognizes an individual who has:
- an established history of distinguished service to the banknote Industry
- demonstrated significant technology contribution which has promoted the continued innovation and excellence in banknote technology
- made important and lasting contribution to banknote technology and the advancement of security, usability and efficiency of banknotes.
- provided inspiration to others in the banknote Industry through the sharing of their ideas and research
- positively influenced the industry on an international level
- the respect of professional peers
Preparing the Nomination
Please provide a CV and overview of the nominee describing their achievements in respect of the criteria and the reason for the nomination. This information may be used throughout the Awards process and may be shared publicly. Please send nominations to Dan Harrison.
Nominees will be assessed according to the level to which the committee determines the eligibility requirements are met.
Johannes Schaede, KBA-NotaSys
The IACA Excellence in Currency Technical Awards
The International Association of Currency Affairs (IACA), a non-profit association of central banks, finance ministries, mints and suppliers dedicated to making cash the best that it can be, will present their Excellence in Currency Technical Awards during the opening session of Banknote 2020.
IACA’s Excellence in Currency Awards were launched in 2007, the first awards program to recognize outstanding currency and coin projects. IACA’s Technical Awards, presented in conjunction with Currency News and Banknote 2020, are open to central banks and organizations providing products, systems, or services. The winners will be determined from among the Finalists by a vote of IACA’s members.